I had come up with the idea for this stocking last year, planning to make it for my youngest. But I never got around to it, and then I put off making it this year until the very last minute. It was finished late afternoon on the 23rd. But in my defense, it took a long LONG time to do all the handstiching.
It’s just made out of left-over fake suede from Halloween’s cowboys costumes. I used my 3 year old’s cowboy boot to free hand a basic cowboy boot-esqe pattern. The tough part was getting both sides of the stocking to pretty much look the same. I had originally planned on doing some reverse applique, and you can see the cut-out markings. I dumped that idea when I discovered that the thing was going to take me much longer than planned. I still kinda wish I had done them, but whatever. I used ballpoint pen to sketch the stiching pattern, with a full bottle of hairspray nearby for erasing. Not exactly professional, but I never claimed to be.
I lined it with a really cheap shiny fabric, which I also had onhand. The stabilizer is a fleece that I bought in blulk for a song a few years ago (and use for pretty much all projects that require some sort of thin batting).
Here are some detail shots
I took last week off from my weekly projects. You know, it was Christmas and all. Plus, Week Two took me into last week. Though I got a new [to me] fancy-shmancy sewing machine, and did play with it quite a bit, I didn’t do any projects. I’ll be back later this week with my Week Three project.