The glider for the nursery is done!I debated for over a month whether or not to replace this old hand-me down all together. But when it came down to it, ugliness and disrepair and all, it was still completely functional. And I really didn’t want to spend any more money on another glider or rocker, since we’d most likely only be using it for a couple of years anyway.
I had originally wanted to do the slip covers for the cushions in the raspberry trees from the MoMo line I’m using. But rounding up enough of the discontinued fabric for both the bedding and the cushions proved nearly impossible. As it was, what trees I did find, I had to buy in pieces and from different people. I ended up just using some of the Moda solid I had picked up for the quilt applique. I had plenty of the solid, since I had been planning on using it for the crib skirt. I used a print on the skirt, and now I’m second-guessing that decision on account of the skirt looking just a little bit like clown clothing. Just a little. More on that another day. Anyway, I used the raspberry eggs/spots for some piping.Since the solid cream is so very, well, solidy and creamy, it needed something to break it up. I still wish I could have used the trees instead of the solid. But it turned out pretty good anyway, and with the quilt draped across the back, it looks totally homey and inviting.
So that corner of the nursery is pretty much done. Now to tackle the rest.