I finished one.
But I’m determined to finish at least a couple more over the weekend. In my head, the holidays last through New Years, so assuming I get things done by then, I’m still good. This philosophy also holds for my printed-but-n0t-yet-mailed Christmas cards.
Anyway, sewing kits.
And really, they’re not hard to sew up, other than a bit of hand sewing. There’s really not that much to be done by hand, but ugh, I really stink at it. I suppose I just need to suck it up and stop procrastinating finishing the others.
Speaking of procrastination:
I started these table runners in 2010.
The pattern was too large for my younger two, so I graded it down for their robes. The 6/2011 issue has robe patterns for younger kids, including their sizes, but I wanted to keep things uniform and simple by making the same for all three. The pattern calls for lining, but I was using fleece and thought lining would make things too bulky. There’s a large front pocket (Yoda’s face above) and I love that the belt is secured to the robe in the back. This way there is no losing it, and it’s easier for them to tie without it slipping out of place.
All of the fabric is licensed fleece from JoAnn. I highly recommend this pattern. Everything I’ve made from Ottobre has been awesome, with great fit and fantastic details. These robes are no different.
Oh! And all our gifts were labeled with the little Bird Tags I shared HERE