Almost six months ago I made all my kids some lounge pants from various Ottobre patterns. Then it got dark inside my house before and after school, and we are always busy on weekends, and getting pictures of all the kids together in their pants just wasn’t happening. Until today. I may have ordered two of these children out of their regular school clothes and into their lounge wear for these pictures. Because priorities.
All four pair are made from Ottobre patterns, using either sweatshirt fleece or French terry. And all four pair have been in heavy rotation over the past nearly-half year.
Kael’s pants are the “Juggler” sweatpants from 4/2015 (#35) in black sweatshirt fleece. I grabbed every bit of this fabric that my local Jo-Ann had in its Red Tag a year or more ago. It was like $2 yard. Such a steal. I wish they had had more. Kael is 13 now and quickly outgrowing Otto patterns. I better start stocking up on more menswear patterns, I guess. CRAZY!!
Next up, Seth’s “Sideline” sweatpants from 1/2014 (#27) These have a bit more detail than the other boys’ sweats. There are stripes down the sides, hip welt pockets, and a back patch pocket. The pattern also includes a drawstring, but I skipped that. The material is French terry from Jo-Ann.
Jonas got another pair of “Three Pieces” joggers from 4/2015 (#17). I made him a camo pair last summer, that he has worn until they are pretty much falling apart (the fabric is REALLY thin and cheap). I went up a size for this pair and used the same sweatshirt fleece as Kael’s pants. I’m pretty sure he would live in these pants if I let him. I really need to make more. They are SO simple to make, with the pants using only two pieces, a front and back. The pocket adds the third pattern piece for the “Three Pieces”.
Finally, Ivy’s. This is the “Relaxed Fit” sweatpants from 1/2014 (#20). She’s grown almost two inches just since her birthday in December, so these pants, made in October, are getting a little short on her. Still, they are the first thing she grabs when they are in her drawer. And the fit through the waist and hips is still great, so they are passing as crops for now.
I used French terry from Jo-Ann stores. I love when they decide to carry good apparel fabrics! The pants have bound pockets.
And a little faux drawstring. I also did some decorative stitching at the pockets. These were made before I had my coverstitch machine, so I used a “honeycomb” stitch on my regular machine to get the effect.
I have slowed down in my sewing quite a bit this past year. Things just keep getting busier and crazier around here, and my sewing seems to be the first thing to go, unfortunately. I really need to carve out more time for it, though, because I love seeing my kids in momma-made.